Makeup | Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation Combo-Oily Skin Review

07:04 Jayyangg 0 Comments


The shade I picked up was LN4 - Light Neutral 4. The neutrals in this series definitely lean more Beige and slightly pink not very suitable for my asian complexion. LN4 would be perfect for those who are more MAC Nc 20 or those a shade or 2 lighter than me (Check here for my foundation matches). I did swatch MW2 which was the oe I originally thought might work - but waaaay to dark. I would recommend it for those who have NC30-35 skin as it does oxidize. 

As you can see the shade oxidizes upon drying 2 shades darker. 

Here are some before and after photos, and photos of when I wore it the first day (none have been touched up). 

Before 

After
When I wore it on the first day (I have a bit of highlighter on my cheeks!)


Overall, the foundation definitely is long wearing despite being more of a natural finish! It really smooths over your skin and looks really like real skin vs makeup. I do have to blot at least once if I'm going to wear this more than 6 hours but lasted on me pretty decently to 10 hours wear. I would recommend this to those who are looking for a light-medium natural satin finish, and have normal to combination dry/oily skin! For those who have dry flaky skin, I think this foundation will emphasize your dry patches too much. 

PROS: 

  • Long wearing (10 Hours on me) 
  • Not scented 
  • Wide color range (16 shades)
  • Extremely natural and skinlike (Satin finish)
  • Smooths skin and slightly blurs

CONS: 

  • Oxidizes a shade or 2
  • Light to medium coverage, wish it was more buildable!
  • If you are a bit more oily you will need to blot
  • Wish it was a pump vs the stick - doesn't pick up enough product at once
  • Price is on the higher side of the drugstore (15-20 CAD) 

Rating:
8.4/10



0 comments: